Hopper offers a remote work policy that empowers employees to work from anywhere. Employees have the opportunity to work in an office environment or they can receive a work-from-home stipend if they prefer to work from home.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our Air Platform teams to design, scale and operate our air platform and flight ticketing integrations, providing Hopper customers the lowest prices for their flights. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers.
We are looking for a skilled engineer who is excited to tackle problems around scaling and stability and want to be able to make a direct impact on Hopper's core business. Hopper continues to grow rapidly in the Travel market and our core services need to transition to reliable and extensible platform components. You will be working on major and complex integration projects, such as integrating third-party aggregators and flight ticketing systems as well as creating generic interfaces to help us bring our core services to our cloud offerings.
Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement, delivering value at speed and operational excellence. You will be joining a team that provides the foundation for all of that value we bring to our customers.
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!