Yelp connects millions of people with great local businesses every day, and local businesses know it. More than 5.8 million business locations are actively claimed on Yelp. However, there are millions more out there that could be helped by Yelp’s products and services. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a savvy and tenacious engineering manager to join our Biz Traffic team. Our team's mission is to bring every eligible local business to Yelp. You will partner with engineering managers, program managers, product managers, and data science professionals to bring Yelp to more business owners. We rapidly launch new experiments to build product growth loops, referral programs, partnerships, and outreach strategies.
This opportunity requires you to be located in the United Kingdom.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers.
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from new college graduates to senior engineers.
- Help define the long term roadmap for the team.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Define and execute major initiatives that have impact across multiple organizations.
- Provide transparency and predictability of initiatives for stakeholders.
- Foster and grow a fun, diverse, inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- An excellent communicator who can successfully build relationships with a broad set of internal stakeholders across various departments.
- You can bring order to a high-pressure, chaotic situation.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc.
- Ability to participate in 24/7 incident response when necessary.
- Comfort coordinating initiatives across multiple locations (the UK, Germany, and North America).
- Experience in product growth or SEO is a plus.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with eligibility for a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- You may also be offered a bonus, Restricted Stock Units, and benefits.
- A competitive benefits package that includes paid time off, wellbeing programs, wellness and remote work reimbursement and more.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Quarterly team offsites.