Google Workspace EngineerHyderabad | India
Available Shifts - Americas Time Zones (EST/CST)IST 6pm to 3am | 7pm to 4am
Are you an experienced Google Workspace Engineer based in Hyderabad? Do you want to work who wants to work (remotely for the moment and return to work in our Somajiguda office in the future)? How about joining a one-of-a-kind Google Enterprise Premier Partner and cloud consulting firm? Do you have a strong technical background to assist customers smoothly transition from existing Microsoft Exchange and 365, IBM Domino, and Groupwise platforms to Google Workspace. If you Love Data and enjoy solving complex business problems with technology then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Providing subject matter expertise in Google Workspace solutions.
- Providing subject matter expertise of Chrome and leading all technical aspects of pre and post-sales activities for Chrome Enterprise projects.
- Act as the first point of contact for all incoming client support requests.
- Manage, prioritize, resolve or escalate client support requests as appropriate.
- Manage ticket queue to ensure that all issues are being worked to resolution.
- Provide technical assistance and support related to Google Apps, third party software solutions and Pythian developed products.
- Escalate relevant issues to development or engineering resources after performing diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Interacting with customer technical and project resources.
- Assist in deployment planning workshops and scoping Google deployment projects.
- Utilizing 3rd party utilities to leverage Google APIs to script bulk changes of Workspace settings.
- Acting as the escalation point for technical support resources for advanced Workspace and Chrome issues.
- Adapting existing customer messaging and collaboration workflow/processes to the appropriate Google solution.
What do we need from you?
- While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Google Workspace Engineer job you will likely have experience in similar roles. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Experience deploying and administering Google Workspace in enterprise environments.
- Experience managing or administering Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft 365 in mission-critical business environments.
- Knowledge and experience configuring and administering Windows servers and services such as DNS, DHCP, IIS and Group Policies and advanced understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Strong working knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. IP, firewalls, NAT, proxy, VLANs, VPN).
- Able to quickly adapt to technology and process changes while effectively managing concurrent projects and tasks with minimal oversight.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts and requirements in a concise and easy to understand manner.
- Strong general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Logical thinking and problem solving capabilities.
- Exceptional client satisfaction skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The ability to handle demanding users in a high-pressure production environment.
- Nice to haves;
- GSuite Certification, MCSE: Messaging, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, or equivalent certifications
- Experience with creating and managing virtual machines.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package including an annual bonus plan
- Flexible work environment
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds around the world.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance: A device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 330 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are Google Workspace Engineer; live in Hyderabad; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
DisclaimerFor this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.No recruitment agencies