As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to take part in the daily operations of our communications platform.
You will be part of the Customer Support & Operations team, responsible for the technical support and monitoring of our real-time, cloud-based infrastructure.
This role sits in Jakarta, Indonesia and reports to the team lead of CSO. Our ideal candidate will have a professional technical support background or come from similar systems administration, NOC or operations roles.
You will become part of our 24/7 shift schedule to ensure around the clock, first-class technical support for our customers.
What you will do:
- Provide reactive and pro-active customer support to ensure the best quality of service.
- Address customer service desk queries and collaborates with our technical teams on more complex queries.
- Monitor, resolve and escalate cloud infrastructure-related issues.
- Interact with our customers’ and partners’ developers and support teams to resolve service delivery problems.
- Perform daily checks, troubleshooting, and testing to ensure full availability or our APIs and services.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales and Procurement teams to improve products and processes.
What you will need to have:
- Relevant experience in professional technical support, systems administration, NOC or Operations role.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) related issues.
- Experience in supporting SMS, ChatApps, Voice or Video in an Operational environment is an advantage
- Basic SQL and Unix skills will be preferred
- Experience working in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment to prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation.
- Fluency in English – written and verbal
- A great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & multitasking skills.
- Work on own initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
Working at 8x8
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.View the Participant Poster in English | Español.View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be foundhere.