Vonage is a global cloud communications leader that helps businesses accelerate their digital transformation through our fully programmable Unified Communications, Contact Center Applications, and Communications APIs.
Our Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of “Be what’s next. Right now.” We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs
SOUND INTERESTING? CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
Why this role matters:
As a key member of the IT Engineering team, you will be designing, developing and maintaining Corporate applications, technologies and solutions, used by the globally distributed Vonage workforce. An ideal candidate for this role is an individual that has a diverse and deep technical background in a wide range of technical disciplines. This includes configuration and maintenance of SaaS and cloud native applications such as Google Workspace, Active Directory, SCCM, Slack, TrendMicro, Okta and other similar corporate applications, and integration and automation of associated workflows.
Where you will work:
Flex Worker - You will have home based days, but can be required to commute to the office for collaboration, customer meetings and presentations up to 3 days a week (exact days to be agreed with your line manager). The address of the office you will be commuting to is Bell Works 101 Crawfords Corner Road Suite 2416, 4th Floor, Building #2 Holmdel, NJ 07733
Sponsorship Not Available - Legal authorization to work in the USA is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
What you will do:
- Administer and maintain Google Workspace applications including email, calendar, drive and docs. Create and manage integrations of Google Workspace with other systems.
- Administer and maintain Microsoft systems & applications, including self-hosted systems like domain controllers, print servers, Active Directory, SCCM and virtual desktops, as well as SaaS systems like Azure AD and M365.
- Administer other corporate applications like Okta, Slack, Netskope, TrendMicro, etc.
- Create and maintain integration between various systems to improve accuracy, security, and operational efficiency. Automate integrations where necessary.
- Leverage the appropriate technology (like Windows server logs, AWS CloudWatch, Elasticsearch/Kibana) to gather metrics and monitor the health/utilization of technical resources, and ensure high availability of all corporate applications.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including design documents, end user facing documents, run books and production change requests.
- Assist Tier1 corporate support in troubleshooting and addressing user issues including provisioning, de-provisioning, access, application features and usage as needed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including systems configuration.
- Ensure data integrity and access controls, and manage application licenses.
- Assist with incidents, troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, and contribute to solutions for ongoing improvements.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as necessary.
What you will bring:
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve in a multi tasking team environment.
- Experience with Google Workspace and related applications.
- Experience with Microsoft systems like domain controllers, print servers, Active Directory, SCCM, virtual desktops, Azure AD and M365.
- Experience in build, configuration, tuning, securing, patching and maintenance of Windows Systems and applications.
- Understanding of Active Directory identity and security, policy objects, Windows file shares (FSx or equivalent), MS365 administration, Patching/SCCM
- Knowledge of core Infrastructure services like DNS, NTP, Kerberos, Radius, LDAP, SMTP, CIFS, DHCP.
- Experience in automation using scripting languages like Powershell and Python and/or low-code workflows is a plus.
- Understanding of AWS Networking fundamentals like Security Groups, Inbound rules, VPC’s, Subnets, Internet Gateways, Transit Gateways, NAT and ENI’s is a plus.
- Understanding of Azure Networking fundamentals like Private Links, Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups is a plus.
- Experience in writing technical documentation, including design documents, end user facing documents, and run books.
- Experience with system monitoring and related metrics.
- Experience handling production incidents.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills to peers and managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Google Workspace administration.
- 2+ years experience in Windows administration.
- 5+ years experience in administering corporate applications and collaboration tools.
- 7+ years total IT experience.
- Certifications such as Professional Google Workspace Administrator and/or Microsoft Certified M365 Administrator or Windows Server Administrator is a plus.
How you will benefit:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Income Protection
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 401(k) Contributions: Pre-Tax, Roth, or After-Tax Roth Options
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Three Paid Volunteer Days a Year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- Optum Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on Auto, Home & Pet Insurance
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.