Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our Engineers face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
The Global Network Platform team is looking for an Engineering Manager to take ownership and help develop a best in class real time platform for the new Network APIs like Quality On Demand (QOD) or Silent Authentication. The stack is Java/Kotlin, Micronaut, Redis, Kubernetes, AWS with Terraform.
Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms. We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. The Manager, Software Engineering, brings this to life by contributing to technology development and decision-making and guiding the work of software engineers and teams.
What you will do:
- Drive growth of local team; providing coaching, mentoring, direction, and line management to a team of software engineers.
- Work with product owners and customers to understand use case and business requirements.
- Lead team members in the planning and delivery of product / solution releases.
- Assign, manage and perform project work, including scope, schedule, resource allocation and cost estimation as well as contributing to the code development
- From time to time you will develop hands-on code, as well as do code reviews, debugging etc to support the team
- Set high standards to ensure the delivery of secure, high quality, well-tested and scalable software to meet customer and business requirements.
- Assist with maintenance and prioritization of the product development backlog.
- Engage with customers, end users and business partners to understand problems and issues with software development and deployment; ensure issues are resolved in a timely and sustainable fashion.
- Ensure team activities align with and support broader organizational goals and objectives.
What you will bring:
- 7+ years experience
- Engineering leadership skills - demonstrable experience leading a team of Software Engineers
- Technically you will come from a Java background & you will have AWS exposure (ideally, but will consider great candidates with GCP instead)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working at a product company would be an advantageous
- Ability to:
- Navigate ambiguity - work internally with key stakeholders to define direction
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Develop technical and process skills in others.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.